The Swedish newspaper Dagens industri (Di) has an annual award for Sweden’s fastest growing companies. To be appointed as a Di Gasell, a company’s four recent annual financial statements must comply with the following criteria:
- an annual turnover exceeding 10 millions (SEK)
- at least ten employees
- at least doubled its turnover if you compare first and last financial year
- increased its turnover every year for the past three years
- an overall positive profit for the last four financial years
- has essentially grown organically, not through acquisitions or mergers
- healthy finances
Transcendent Group received the award for the first time in 2008 and did it again in 2012. CEO Martin Malm comments on the award:
– We are very proud for receiving the award for the second time. Transcendent Group was elected one of Sweden’s best places to work the same year, which shows that we are growing in a good, healthy way, not at the expense of our people.
– Our business is to provide security and opportunities for government agencies, businesses and other organizations. This ambition is much more credible when we can show good performance and healthy finances for ourselves. My ambition is that we will qualify for the award even next year.
Competition is – to say the least – fierce: less than 0,5 per cent of all companies in Sweden are annually nominated as a Di Gasell. In Stockholm, 259 companies met the criteria in 2012.